Saturday 23 August 2014

'Short and Sweet' Vanilla Oat Shortbread

Having been away to Germany for a week I realized that a post was definitely due. This Recipe is super simple and easy. Taking inspiration from my auntie Margaret's amazing shortbread recipe, I put my own twist on these biscuits. These are perfect for tea dunking.  I'll be putting a long post about Germany and the food I tried there soon! 






Ingredients (makes ten)
-110g plain flour
-50g golden caster sugar
-110g butter (cubed at room temperature)
-50g cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rolled oats

Method


1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper.

2. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and use hands to turn mixture into a fine crumble texture.

3. Bring mixture together to create a dough ( add a small amount of water if necessary )

4. Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut into small circles. ( you can make the shortbread whatever size/shape you want.)

5. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. 




I

No comments:

Post a Comment